Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Drive

The day was so beautiful that we decided to take a scenic drive after lunch. We went East to Swan Valley and took the forest roads to Falls Creek waterfall. The picture below does not do it justice - while it is not a far drop, the falls are really wide and loud.
Next we kept on the forest road and headed to the reservoir. We had planned on just walking along the shore, but Carter decided to go for a swim. He walked about 5 feet into the water and then just ploped on his belly and started swimming - he went about another 5 feet and started screaming. He has been practicing in the bathtub and apparently wasn't afraid to try in a lake. The only thing that surprised him was the cold.

Falls Creek Falls


Palisades Reservoir

3 comments:

Paula said...

We love the pictures!!! Dad asked if you're teaching Carter to Skinny Dip?

Mel said...

I love the story about Carter and can I have that 1st picture of you two framed!? It is so cute. I love it!

Laurie said...

I'd love to see him do that.