Friday Night:
I saw Carter starting to poop and I told him to go potty and he said no.. and I said.. I don't like it when Ali (the dog) poops in the grass and I don't like it when you poop in your diaper and he said okay and walked with me to the bathroom and he read two books and pooped!! and than later he said my diapers are all gone! So we decided to go with it.
Saturday Morning:
I had to wash the sheets.. I think that Ryan took him potty but wasn't quiet patient enough and than he but him back to bed (it was 5:30 am) and he really did need to go potty. We had to go clean the church for an hour and no accident there. But 24 hours go by not one success in the toilet.. Lots of sitting and reading but not much business. But we stuck to it I mean really what's wrong with more laundry? (luckily we had no accidents on the carpet (which is horrible anyway..)).
Sunday:
I believe I had to wash the sheets again. We went to church.. I was a little nervous. We only stayed for Sacrament meeting because Carter has a runny nose and a little bit of a cough and so it was a good weekend to potty train. He waited until we were home and refused to come when I called and peed in the grass in his Sunday Clothing. We took a nap and than I forced him to sit on the potty until he peed! And we were so happy! He is a little bashful about it but quiet pleased with himself. And than another accident..
Monday:
We sat on the potty until he peed this morning at 6:30 am. A couple more accidents.. Than a "I need to go potty" but he was peeing when he said that. He peed on Daddy on the way once. Than later a success! He asked and made it to the bathroom and he wasn't in there for 15 minutes either! Than again he peed before bed! No sheet washing today but also the only nap he got was the few minutes he fell asleep on the potty.. :)
So at the end of three days I see a little hope. Maybe tomorrow he won't ask for a diaper.. He is sure there are some in Landon's room.. and he's right but I see hope and he started it so we will keep on chugging along.
We use this seat but he actually likes to just hang on because "I'm like daddy!" and he likes to be like daddy. But the seat is nice and I'm glad we got it we also have the frog potty chair.. but that's kinda of a waste unless your kid doesn't like toilets and you like to clean up poop... Good luck!
3 comments:
Good Luck! I hope you continue to see success! It is a slow process but I think there is light at the end of the tunnel for you. We are still trying to get Garrett potty trained. He is pretty close he really only poops his pants and goes pee in the potty so I think we are almost there.
Sounds like Carter is doing great!
Great work!!! Jimmy loved hearing he fell asleep on the toilet since he did that last year.
Potty training is the worst! Good luck and keep at it
Post a Comment