Ryan and I spent Friday and Saturday painting this dresser. I told Ryan "I must be crazy because I would rather spend two days and about $60 on a dresser than $400." It was really fun to work with Ryan. We got the dresser for $20, the hardware for $24, and the paint for less than $20 we used mis-tint paint and an antique glaze.I wasn't sure I would like the pulls at first- but I think I do.
6 comments:
It looks awesome! Reed and I were talking about dressers last month and I finally realized I'll probably never buy a brand new dresser...the prices make my heart stop! I'll take a used one any day.
I feel the same way as you and Ang. Dressers under $150 are always made out of cheap wood and nice dressers are ridiculously pricy. After going without a formal dresser for 4 years of marriage, we found one in the alley. We forked up the bucks for some sweet knobs and bought some paint. Scraping it was one big hassle though :) Overall I think we paid $150 or less for it and it looks perfect! Totally matched our bedframe too!
http://bbhoff.blogspot.com/2010/10/that-old-dresser.html
Looks great! Way to go you guys!
WOW! That looks gantasitc!
That's great...I know I have never bought a new dresser either and I'm way older than y'all.
I love the pulls!
Post a Comment