Friday, August 17, 2007

American Food


I was thinking about bread today. Idaho has lots of bread to choice from, I think Utah does too. Makes me excited to buy really good bread. Wisconsin has lots of cheese, but they also have amazing sodas, cream sodas and root beers (the brand shown is so good you can taste the honey and caramel in it). Makes me wonder what I should buy in other states. You know know stuff everyone has but some places just have it better. Like Blue Bell, amazing ice cream in Texas and Kolaches in Houston! What else is out there? Know of any great foods in Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, or Wyoming. Just the places we are gonna travel through on our way home.

2 comments:

Tim and Maria Jones said...

I have a coworker who recommended BeauJo's (www.beaujos.com) in colorado. We weren't sure which route you guys were taking, so it may not be on the way. Another good place is Maggiano's Little Italy. There is one in Houston. It's really good.

I miss kolaches!

Tim and Maria Jones said...

You got me thinking about kolaches, so I looked online and found a great recipe. Check it out: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Breakfast-Kolaches/Detail.aspx.

YUMMY!