So Ryan and I enjoy watching HGtv, the Food Network and DIY.. I know we are such nerds. Anyway on the Food Network Bobby Flay has a show called
:
:
Well what happens is Bobby gets an assignment to challenge someone in the US who is amazing at cooking something, such as doughnuts, chili, steak, and many others. He finds out info about how they make what they make and he tries to show them up.. sometimes he wins some times he loses.
Ryan and I had our own Throwdown. He wanted to make uncooked cookies.. I don't really like his.. and he doesn't really like mine.. So we both made our own and judged them.. the first judgement was biased and ended up with a tie with each of us voting for our own cookie and then we had judges come in (Chad and Nicole) and blindly they judged the cookies. The results are in and it was a TIE! Nicole liked Ryan's and Chad liked mine! We are both winners.. Ryan's where much softer and nicer that way because he stirred on the heat with his oats but mine had a better flavor because of the chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans (Ryan's used Cocoa Powder). So next time I think I will stir mine for a little bit over the heat to see if that will make them softer. (Mine are excellent for instant gratification, but don't store well, Ryan's store well and are to warm and liquid to eat right away). Ryan pours his lets them cool and then cuts them with a pizza cutter to make squares, we discovered that if you try to stack his on a paper plate you end up with one large cookie; they need to sit on wax paper for a while to set up (a long while). I am pretty sure I took more pictures of the cookies but they have disappeared so here is a picture of the ones that are left. Mine are on the left and Ryan's are the darker huge ones on the right.
2 comments:
While I've never had Ryan's I'm pretty much voting for Liz'. She knows why. I'm embarassed to admit but I will, that once I ate a whole lot of them....A LOT. I love them enough not to make them. I love them because they are amazing and addictive.
YAY for Cookies!!!
Post a Comment