Friday, February 15, 2008

J.C.J or C.J.J.

Okay so for quiet some time the baby's name has been

Jacob Carter

But we have always called him Carter. So Carter is his name. But I'm not convinced. Doesn't it make life a little bit more confusing to have to tell people what you go by. Like me I'm Elizabeth but go by Liz and believe it or not I had roommates tell people that no one by the name Elizabeth lived here and hung up.. some people are just that dumb! But tons of people go by there middle name. Ryan's Grandpa did for awhile but he said it was a pain. Ryan has two siblings that do. Tons of apostles do L. Tom Perry etc. So for school and things do I just say J. Carter?Or.. do we name him

Carter Jacob

I don't think it flows as well, but with time it really wouldn't matter. So basically I am asking for your help! What do you think about middle names and which one do you think flows better?

10 comments:

Angela S said...

JCJ is my vote. He can always choose to go by a different name, just like Jimmy. But JCJ flows better than CJJ. Good luck!

Tim and Maria Jones said...

Call me crazy, but I think Carter Jacobius Johnston sounds cool. Like I said, call me crazy. I thought of it immediately when I read the CJJ name but almost didn't post a comment because it just sounded too crazy, but the more I thought about it, the cooler it sounded.... Maybe it's just me, though.

Laurie said...

I like Carter Jacob Johnston. Mom
Dad says if you want to call him carter name him carter.
Jeffrey says carter Jacob Johnston
Andrew says Carter Jacob
so it's unanimous here. and oscar didn't even get a vote :(

Mel said...

I think it should be up to the kids mom and dad, but hey I can throw my two cents in.. I like Jacob Carter Johnston better than Carter Jacob Johnston... but I love Carter Jacob (dropping the Johnston... which you can't drop...) With Carter Jacob you run the risk of folks calling him C.J. which I am not sure if that is good or bad. Best of luck to you!

Michelle Michel said...

I think that Jacob Carter Johnston sounds the best...BUT if he is going to be called Carter you should Just name him Carter...BUT i think you should wait and meet the little guy before any name should be set in stone. Maybe he will feel like A Jacob when he comes out..you never know. I was Alison up until 3 seconds after I was born. Haha.

The King's said...

I really think that either on works well. I think that no matter what their is always a problem that kids run into with their names. Like me, my name is Nicole but there have been people who have shortened it to Nikki even though I never said that was my name. And Chad for example people have a hard time understanding his name on the phone. They think he says Thad or Zad, who knows. I think you guys should name him whatever you feel is best. Neither way will be bad. Sorry this is kind of a long post, but anywho. Good Luck!

Nicci said...

I do think Jacob Carter flows better, but I also understand the Nicole/Nicci legal mumbo jumbo mess with calling him Carter. So I would probably just name him Carter. . .
However, I will either be calling him "Jake the Gator" or "Carter the Crocodile", or simply "Gator", so whichever works fine for me. And I hereby stake dibs on those nicknames! No one else can use em! Just Aunt Nicci, which will be the coolest aunt anyways
(=

Sam said...

Jacob Carter does flow better. But you will hardly ever use his full name. I would just name the kid whatever you plan on calling him.

Kristen said...

JCJ definitely! It really flows better. It's nice you finally look pregnant! Love ya!

ourbanksaccount said...

we (chad and lisa banks) say name him carter jacob johnston (as if you care what we think) but chad goes by his middle name and it is so confusing, i told him we would not name our child something then call them their middle name... that is our input!