Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day Ryan and I went to his grandmas' houses (Grandma Miller, Great Aunt Marlene and Great Grandma Lavetta) and gave them all a rose. It seemed to make them all smile so it was nice. See what I planned on doing was making heart shaped cookies and decorating them and giving some to grandmas and Reed's family and mailing some to Melissa and Ryan's Family and Nicci and my family.. But that didn't happen (it's the thought that counts.. I thought it :)). Anyways so even though I wasn't as gracious as I planned some were gracious too me. Besides my fabulous husband who got me roses, my sister made me a beautiful and very easily packable bookmark and my mom made me a great potholder to match an apron she made me (now I don't know if the potholder really was for Valentine's day or for my birthday but I am pretending it was from Valentine's because there was a heart pin pinned to it.)

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow! Mom knows how to stitch really well!! She needs to work on my crazy quilt... my stitches are so not perfect, but hey I don't want to waste time on practicing.. my project is practice, I'll get better with time, I guess! It looks like you are loved! I like heart shaped cookies any time of year, so if you ever feel so inclined again...

Laurie said...

Hey, those stitches were done on the machine! That's why they are even. The potholder was for your birthday, since there were aprons just because I had to add something to make your birthday special.

Nicci said...

It's not the thought that counts - it's the present.