Ryan broke the news already along with Melissa, my Mom, and Angela, but I have all the pictures and details so I figure I too will announce to the world that I am a mother.
Saturday morning around 3 AM my water broke. I started having a few contractions around 4 and called the hospital shortly there after and they told me to come in. But since Carter is a very special person and I wanted to impress him I straightened my hair and did my make up. I had just packed for the hospital on Friday so I did not have to do much to be ready. Of course while I showered and primped my dear husband ran all over the house vacuuming and lysol spraying and just making it so our home would be nice when we got back from the hospital. So off we went. Of course we stopped by McDonald's on the way there because we heard a nasty roamer that they don't let you eat if you are in labor and we hear the first time around is slow-12 plus hours of joy.
So I was admitted and given an IV of patosin (sp?) (to induce and speed up my contractions) and left to suffer in my pains. I don't know why but I decided I did not want to have an epidural (I know I am crazy) -the thought of them scares me. Around 11:45 AM my wonderful nurse asked me if I wanted to try a shot of pain killers in my IV (she asked me in the middle of a contraction.. How lovely). So I did take something that made me feel like I was high or something you know that dentist office drug feeling- but not quiet as nice because at the dentist office you just have to breath and sit there with your mouth open. The drugs made me a little delirious and I might have said some very confused things because I was very confused. And then it happened.. (in reality it seems to be a very long time) our little boy was born. BUT it still counts as a natural childbirth (a nurse told me so)! I did it. I did it. So weird and amazing. And he was born at 12:12 PM so that means that my labor was only 'bad' from around 7:30 AM-12:30PM- That's 5 hours.
Doesn't he just look perfect. I have to tell you two weeks early and being only 6 lbs 12 ounces was lovely- when you think of the alternative of two weeks late and 9 lbs or something. Well I really should be going to sleep. I am super excited for the future and for my visiting mommy and sister.
Here is Carter's bed for tonight.. (this is just the posed picture..)
13 comments:
What a beautiful baby. Carter looked great on his blue blanket. I can't wait to watch y'all be parents.
he is absolutely adorable liz!! I am so proud of you! you did amazing!! :)
love you
Wow Liz! He is the cutest, absolutely cutest baby I have ever seen! He is adorable. I am so proud of you, toughin it out and setting a great example for me.. no precedence though, I think I am going for an epideral....I love you and can't wait to see you!
wow liz.... he IS perfect!!! congrats!
He is so cute!!! I am also very impressed that you did it without an epidural! I don't think that I was tough enough. Congrats!!!
He's so darling and I'm so proud of you Liz! You did so well!!!! I hope my labor is like yours. Congrats to the both of you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Liz, I can't believe you are a mom. You are lucky he came early, that doesn't happen much with the first one. And your water broke on it's own, that is rare, it only happens 15% of the time.
You're story made me laugh so much. I can't believe you did your hair and went to McDonalds.
P.S. Where are the pictures of you and your son?
P.P.S. I love Carter's bed! I am tempted to get a rubermaid container to stick next to my bed.
Congrats guys! He is wonderful! You guys are going to be the best parents ever! He is absolutely adorable!
Ryan and Liz-
Congratulations on having a new life experience. (Notice the double meaning here.) I am happy to see your young son, and to know that he is "perfect" in every way. This is the first worry about him eliminated now you know everything is there and working!
This is my first great-grandchild, and you will always hold that honor, and I will always be proud of you for it. Again, Congratulations on your son! I know you will love him to death and raise him well.
Grandpa Call
Congratulations! Now you'll know what real love is all about. Parenthood is the best. You two will be wonderful at it. Send me your address so I can send a little somethin somethin. Love ya,
Kristen
he is beautiful!!! congrats and enjoy him every minute, they grow up way too fast!!!!
Post a picture of him in his box now, so we can see the change.
Post a Comment