Wednesday, October 8, 2008

7 Months Old

I am a copy cat. My friend Kate is the one that inspired me to do these Month to Month posts- but last month for her little one she wrote a letter to her instead. and this month I have decided to do the same thing.. I know I am such an original.. but hey when you see a good idea why not? So here it goes.



Dear Carter,

Wow I don't think I could have picked a better month for this letter for you. You have grown so much! Just a month ago you were still scooting and than the very next day you took your first real crawl; a week later we went to Texas to visit Grandma and Grandpa J and you started pulling yourself up at the couches. Now you crawl to your room and play and come back again. You chase me and your dad around the apartment you hate to be alone.. much like I do. It is so fun for me to see you and Dad play together- I especially love when you crawl up Dad's legs when he is wearing shorts (your little claws and Dad's leg hair; I have to admit I don't wear shorts around you anymore a few scratches was enough for me).. You are so fun to watch.

You love food. I put you in your high chair and give you some cheerios and puffs and you just grab handfuls and shove them in your mouth. It is a little scary sometimes you don't know how many times my heart has stopped in fear as you start to choke a little or when you do your fake cough. You should be more careful. We took you out to eat with Great Grandma M the other day and you wanted dinner too; so I handed an asparagus spear and you were set for the rest of dinner.

You make me happy. The glow in your eyes when you smile and your laugh are wonderful.

I love you,

Mom

4 comments:

Angela S said...

yahoo! That is awesome! He's a total babe!

Jess said...

so sweet! :) you're such a great mom liz!

miss you

Sam said...

What a cute idea. And he is so cute.

Mel said...

You are making your big sister tear up.... which is making my nose run, and now.. I am going to sneeze. I have a cold or something... anyways, what a sweet letter! I love you. My baby sister, a mom.... hard to imagine... weren't we in our room together, reading and laughing together just yesterday? I miss you!