So Carter slept really well two nights ago.. but than he didn't really take a nap yesterday. Last night he was back to his old tricks every two hours calling my name. Than at 5 AM he did not go back to sleep so easy. So I headed to the couch to hold him (so Ryan could sleep and I could lay down) And look at this setting his own schedule for sleep!
3:30 is not nap time and I am afraid of what tonight brings.. at least Ryan doesn't work tomorrow so it's not nearly as big a pain.
Any ideas on how to get him to sleep better at night?
8 comments:
short of putting him in his bed and shutting the door and letting him cry it out (which I hate doing) you can figure out his schedule and then slowly creep it forward or back towards yours by 5 or 10 minutes at a time. I Don't like setting kids on schedules. It just causes frustration for everyone. Rather I figure out my kids schedule and work with it. Ty napped at one time but jimmy does better at another.
sounds like he is going through the "testing everyones limits" phase. I've noticed with my friends' children that they have done well after they realized they had to play by their parents rules. So, most of them say, letting them cry it out to realize you mean business is the best way in the long run. Or else, they think they can push you around later. It all begins here! Good luck!
Good luck...Mylee has been waking every hour since we took our huge trip to Lake Powell and then Seattle. I read on a site to go in and comfort them but not get them out of the crib. I am not a fan of the cry it out method it just ends up causing me stress. Mylee seems to be sleeping better since I have been making her stay in bed when she wakes up and she usually doesn't cry much.
Oh he is a "A Door Bell!" Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions my girls set their own schedules and they happened to work with mine so that's what we went with. Good luck.
Did you read my recent post? Visiting Teaching does the trick!
Get him a dog. They nap well together.
That's how I sleep durring class sometimes... hehe... I check it about once or twice a week. I am just waiting until Brandon downloads pic's from his phone to the computer so I can update this one and facebook :) So yea, I will try to keep it up!
That is such cute picture! I love it!
Post a Comment