Tuesday, October 27, 2009

19 months

19 Months
Dear Carter,

I stopped writing you monthly letters when you turned 12 months. But I figured I would still write you sometimes. So here we go 19 months old. Wow how much you have grown. You are no longer a baby, good thing too because your little brother will be here so soon.

Every night before bed we sing the clean up song and put your toys away. We have family prayer and you are so good at folding your arms (and reminding me at meal times to pray). You say 'thank you' sounds a lot more like "bah bah" but you are signing 'thank you' when you say it.

You have two sentences that you say "mor mil" which means "more milk" or "more of whatever you are drinking" and then you say 'wa da' which means "I want my dad". You love your daddy so much. The other day me and you were in your room playing and dad was working in the kitchen you just went to the door and cried and screamed "wa Da" over and over.. Then of course I was crying because it makes me so happy to see how much you love him and he loves you too because you see he came and played with you.

We have lunch with dad once a week and as soon as we get close to the parking lot of work you start saying "Da" and then when we go back to drop him off you start saying "buh bye" (sometimes a little too early I tease Dad that what you are really saying is 'okay I'm done you can get out now and walk the rest of the way mom and I are gonna go take a nap.')

You love taking showers and you jump right in the water you stand facing the wall with your left ear to the water. If I move the water you move in to it. You also will shut the shower doors and say good bye to me because you think you can shower just fine with no one watching. You told me the other day you wanted the water warmer. You pointed to the knobs and did the sign for 'help' and then said 'thank you' when I had adjusted the water to your pleasing. I try to get you to play in the water by plugging the drain and then turning off the water when it gets to the right depth but usually you are all done when the water is turned off.

You do the silliest thing when you want a hug from me. I guess you think that cuddling is only for when you get hurt so you get down and hit your head on a toy then look up at me with a cheesy grin and then start fake crying so I will hold you. I think it's cute, but you can just come up and hug me I will not complain.

I love you,

Mama

P.S. I miss writing you I should do it more often. You are growing up so fast.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

wow that was great1 I could see Carter doing all those things. How great to have a written record. I hope you get your posts printed in book form for you.