My mother has lots of Christmas decorations so when I was young she started putting the angels in my room. I love to decorate for Christmas and pull out my beautiful angels and remember Christmas past. I am sure you want to know where and from whom each and every one of my angels came from. So I will tell you:
1994- paper/glitter that one is a personal creation made by my 8 year old self
1995- wooden from Grandma B (I think this one is my very very favorite)
1995- stain glass from my childhood best friend Christi
1996- blown glass from Grandma B This one made me feel like an adult because it is SO fragile and pretty.
2006- faux wood from my college best friend Laura (she has one that says Liz)
2007- glass- from Grandma B. we went for a visit that summer and she got me all the angels that the store had like this (in Georgetown, CO)
2007- beaded icicles from Grandma B, Mom, Andrew, Jeffrey I know not angels but I still love them I have at least 20 they are lovely. (they made them for our first Christmas so that we won't have a bare tree)
2009- angel bell from Grandma M. (she saw it and thought about my collection) I thought it was very sweet of her to get it for me.
my shell angel I don't remember when I got this one but it is also from my Grandma B she loves and collects butterflies so it is very special that I have one that has both our collections together.
Okay so I have a few more angels but these are my favorites. I am so grateful for my Grandma giving me this collection and for the others that have contributed. I have received some from dear friends and I love the memory I have with each.

1 comment:
They are lovely...but I think I got you the shell one; not sure though. I'm glad you like them. How many angels do you have?
Post a Comment