Saturday, February 19, 2011

working out

I love working out... but it has been awhile.

Wait. Actually it hasn't. I have a friend who loves to run. We were talking about running and I told her I ran a 5k 4 maybe 5 years ago. She was impressed.. why? I am not really sure. Anyways. She has decided that I am going to run a 1/2 marathon with her. We started my training last Monday. So far I have discovered that as much as I don't want to let my friend down-she expects SO much. She is a cross country coach so really the best person to teach/push me to do this. So far I have worked out everyday this week except today-my day of rest. Monday I ran 2 miles with NO walking-it was a very slow running. Tuesday we went walking since no husbands could watch children. 4 miles. Wednesday we walked again 4 miles. Thursday we ran this time I was sore so only like 1.5 and I walked.. I know shame. Friday we did the bleachers at the high school coach wanted me to do them 3 times! like all of the bleachers 3 times. I told her a heart attack was not on my list of things to do so I did it 1.5 times. Saturday we went to a zumba class. wow. zumba was really fun and walking was really nice. running was not nice or fun but hey maybe it will be.

FHE report two weeks ago we read a story in the friend and sang choose the right. this past week we played the quiet obedient game..this week hopefully wont be as lame..

2 comments:

Laurie said...

good job!
keep it up...staying/getting fit is important ask me how I know.

Anonymous said...

hey! its Mady and I know... i'm doing track ): im learning hurtles right now!!!! and I'm gonna try pole faulting but you either have to climb a one-story long rope with only your hands or hang upside-down in a rope with your legs over your head... ): i dont know if I can do it