Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FHE

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. It happens to be in my favorite month- birthday month. So for family home evening we did the nursery lesson "I love my family" and we talked about what we can do to show each other we love each other. Such as sharing, hugging, being friends etc. Than we talked about the heart shape and that it reminds us to be nice and than we colored. See our heart garland? What did you do for Family Home Evening?
I repainted our magnet board (here it is before.) Not sure if I love the way I redid it but the BRIGHT green under the white was just way to neon. The yellow I picked was way to bright too so I added some stain. This was my first project like this and I certainly could us a little more practice. Lately I've been loving yellow throughout my kitchen. Since I have green accent walls it just seems to pop and remind me to be happy.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Nice work Liz, I love seeing your birthday card....I did such a good job I'm not sure I need to send you a new one!