Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dreams


Carter has been having nightmares more often. Sometimes he comes into our bed and I just let him sleep with us for a bit or until morning. He wakes up so early I usually am just hoping he will go back to sleep. But the last few nights he has been having a reoccurring nightmare in which he wakes up screaming and crying out for me. I told Ryan two nights ago it was his turn. In the morning I asked him what his dream was about and he said "Ice cream was dripping down my face and getting in my mouth." I'm not sure what's scary about ice cream. Last night was my turn. Carter woke up twice the first time I told him he was fine and to go back to sleep. The next time I was getting a little fed up with my interrupted sleep and had no desire to crawl in his bed again. I told him he likes ice cream just go ahead and eat it and remember that you arn't alone Landon is in here. I guess we need to have a lesson about how you are never alone. (my favorite Mormon Ad)

2 comments:

Angela S said...

My dad used to do this and now we do it with the boys. If they wake up from bad dreams we always say a prayer with them. We were never allowed to sleep in my parents room if dad was home. Now the boys can sleep on our floor if they go right to sleep. Anyway that has really helped.

Laurie said...

Good idea Angela, I quit letting the kids get in bed with us...about the 5th child. If they were sick they could lay on a pallet that I made for them on the floor next to me. But by then I was OLD and needed my sleep ;)