Monday, July 9, 2012

Ride the Hiawatha

Ryan emailed me a few days before our trip with this link http://www.ridethehiawatha.com/
I was so excited. Is he not the best?? Picking out things he knows I would love to do!

I packed a sweet lunch all ready to go so when we got to the bike trail all we had to do was reassemble the bikes and make some adjustments and get on our way. The first tunnel is 1.7 miles long. about 30-40 degrees inside. So being a fool I put my jacket on and then sun-blocked my legs and through the bottle in the car.. oops my poor arms got burned when I got to the other side and took off my jacket. Luckily I packed aloe too just in case and half a bottle later and two days I was healed. I hate getting sunburned it's embarrassing for me like I forgot to take care of my body. shame. anyways.. Half way through the tunnel you see this sign:
and then we took a corny home video about how I was in in Montana and Ryan was in Idaho! It was silly but happy. 

There were nine tunnels. I may have gone into one with my sunglasses still on. whoops. There were high trestles to ride over too. Then at the end -Carter was so excited he got to ride the "magic" school bus his words not mine. So then we headed back to the top and got to go back through the long tunnel. 



Then we headed towards our next camping spot. 

No comments: