Friday, September 7, 2007

Nauvoo Continued



This is the Mansion House. I think that it was the largest house in Nauvoo at the time when it was built. It was used as a home, hotel, and meeting place.



Those of y'all that know me really well know that I love moss, so I had to get a picture of this original well. It's really cool that some things survived the years and are still in usable conditions.



This was a cool old pump rebuilt on an original well.




Another view of the Temple from a little cafe across the street.



This is a replica of a typical wagon that the pioneers would have used in their exodus from Nauvoo to Utah.



This is the Carthage Jail, were Joseph and Hyrum Smith were martyred.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wait you mean you Ryan likes moss right? I was a little worried if it meant Liz because that would mean I didn't know her very well :(