Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A New Obsession!

Okay, maybe not an obsession, but defiantly a new hobby. For the last two years I have been trying to get into a ceramics or a welding class. I just wanted to build things, and thought that I ought to take advantage of the great labs that the college has. This semester I was finally able to get into a class after almost begging the teacher to let a non-art major into his class.

Yesterday I searched the internet for ideas and found several that I really liked, and a few I thought I could reproduce. I really like modern art, and according to HGTV I am a modern antique art lover. Liz however likes classic art and decor. Sadly she thought most of the pots and art I looked at were too trendy.

Today we made our first pinched pot, and were supposed to bring a photo of something we wanted to simulate. I brought this one, but found out that it is a lot harder than I thought to make something not round. I'll post a finished product when it is completed.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

someone said, ' is that chocolate?'

Paula said...

All I want is a pair of monkey book ends. Can you make those?

Nicci said...

I think you're awesome! and the fact that you're hooked on HGTV is pretty sweet too! (Go Liz and Grandma!)

The picture you're designing from is pretty cool too, especially the Ivy thing. Good luck! (=