For the last little while, I have kept myself busy by removing bushes from the front of my grandparents house. They have been in the yard for 20+ years, and have grown so tall and intertangled that the only live growth is on the top 8 inches or so. So far I have a burn pile that is ten feet tall by about 12 feet in length. Its going to make a heck of a fire, maybe I will invite some people and make smores.
Throughout this process I have found lots of trash, old siding, pots, garden tools, and spiders and wasps. Yesterday i found the biggest wasp nest I can ever remember seeing. Instead of having one large disk inside, it had layers and two large entrances. I almost kept it as a souvenir but I saw some movement so I burned it.
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That is one big nest.
Where was the big fire when we were freezing during out visit?
Wow that is awesome! I saw those when we went over the first time and well, and thought about how over grown they were. That looks fantastic great job. Stay safe though!
5 comments:
That is one big nest.
Where was the big fire when we were freezing during out visit?
Roger
Hey, when you visit here can you pull up one of our shrubs? We (the royal we) did it in Virginia; tied the bush to the car and pulled it out.--Mom
Wow that is awesome! I saw those when we went over the first time and well, and thought about how over grown they were. That looks fantastic great job. Stay safe though!
Oh, and its nice to see you're doing something with all your free time! :)
I hope you remember to invite some one over (hint) when you take a match to that thing.
Post a Comment