Monday, March 9, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Dear Carter,

Yesterday was your birthday and it was so much fun. We love you so much and feel very blessed that we get to call you our son. I find it so hard to believe that a year has already gone by. You have grown and learned so much. I love the way you wave hello and goodbye. Uncle Jeffrey would open and close his hand when he was little to say goodbye and you wave your whole arm and sometimes wave both arms. I love it!

You know where my nose is and you say mama and dada- that is about the extend of your vocabulary even though you have said ball and bye a few times and I swear that you even have said Alligator! But Mama and Dada are your favorites with the latter being your most fav.

We go and stand at the back window around lunch time and wait for Daddy to appear and you get all excited and start to call out his name and wave hi and your Daddy absolutely loves it! We have a lot of fun making you laugh and chasing you around the apartment.

When I am cooking in the kitchen you come and stand in between me and the counter and cry this cry that says "Hey I want to taste that!" and then you will take off and then come back and ask for it again.

The kids in our 12 year old Sunday School class love you, maybe a little too much because often times before the class is over me and you get kicked out so that they can focus. :( But hey 6 more months and then you get to go to Nursery!

I love you,

Mama

8 comments:

The King's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!!!!! We hope that he had a great day!

Nicci said...

yeah!!!! He's so cute!!!

And your long hair looks really pretty Liz - Ryan's goatee looks stellar too!

Anonymous said...

Liz you do look really pretty but I do not like Ryan's goatee and I do not want Jordan to see it because we make him shave every Sunday. Jordan has a heavy beard like Ryan and by Sunday he looks pretty bad. But you are very handsome Ryan! I do really like this family picture.

Laurie said...

You make a beautiful family.

MandiScandal said...

a blonde, a brunette, and a red head. now all you need to do is walk into a bar.

Brandon and Bethany said...

wow, congrats! So cute.. and you're hair is so long and beautiful. It's seriously fabulous.

Mel said...

I showed the picture of Carter to Austin, he squealed and squealed. We really need to get these boys together this summer. Hiking in Utah or surfing in Cali? What do you think... oh yeah, the kids don't surf or hike... darn...

Mel said...

Oh one more thing, Carter is looking more and more like his Pa! Good thing! (now don't get offended we just wouldn't want a boy to look like a pretty girl now would we?)