Friday, April 24, 2009

Scams..

So Ryan sold his old laptop on craigslist this week. What a trip. There are tons of cars on craigslist that are ridiculous. I just saw a 2007 Camry for 4k. And if you decided you want to buy it they tell you they are going to ship you the car for free! wow what a deal. anyways..

So I think we got at least 4 emails for people wanting us to ship them the laptop for there son who is going to school overseas.. They wanted to pay us via paypal. (and then I am sure somehow steal some info or money or something) Anyway one of these scammers I had a little fun with. For your reading pleasure.. enjoy the bad grammer of a supposed local Idahoan.. I think not.

Hi is your listed item still available for sale.

Yes.

I really appreciate the quick reply.I am buying this item for my son schooling overseas and i will be adding $100 for the shipping and handling.I would have made this transaction locally but am presently out of town On my Holiday so get back to me with your PayPal account email address as for me to send you the money i am doing this very fast because i have promised my son that the item will be there soonest get back to me immediately as for us to transact very fast.

Well when you get back in town I would happily meet up with you and sell you the Laptop. Let me know when you return and we can make plans then. Remember Cash only.
Thanks.

Thanks for your letter,it will take me some time to come back from my trip,so kindly get back to me with your paypal account as for me to transfer the fund into your paypal account immediately.

So maybe not the funniest thing in the world but do remeber to sell stuff to local people only! And with Cash of course!

3 comments:

Nicci said...

good eye! Scams are crazy!!!!!

Ryan said...

Liz forgot to say that they all had obviously fake names or outrageous names.

Brandon and Bethany said...

http://pixelatedgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/gmail_april_fools.gif