Monday, September 20, 2010

Puppy





Ryan spent the weekend in Amarillo, Texas. His little brother reports to the MTC this week. He is serving his mission in Guayaquil, Ecuador. While visiting Ryan fell for this little Jack Tzu pup. Her dad (Jack Russell) is 10lbs and mom (Shih Tzu) is 8lbs so she will stay tiny. Carter seems to like her. We need a name. Any ideas? Even I think she is cute, despite my animal fear/dislike.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Congratulations.
Name him: spotty or brownie...really original names!

Mel said...

What a beautiful dog! Try something like "dogthatmomdoesn'twant" or "dogthatdadfeeds" or "gopoopinthepotty" you know some long fangled name that lets everyone know how you feel about the dog...:) some ridiculously long name would be fun, then call him by an acronym of the long name...

Jess said...

sooo adorable!!

I cant think of any good names off the top of my head but I do have a few words of advice:

1) invest in a crate. They are like 40$ or so for a small one(thats all you need and it wont outgrow it!). Crate the puppy at night for 6 months or so(at a minimum or until you're comfortable) and then when you are away from the house, make sure to always crate it. Potty training was soooo much easier by crate training and now my dogs dont have accidents(unless on the rare occassion they are sick).

2) tug on its ears and tail a little(I suggest you do this.. not carter)I know this probably sounds crazy and let me clairfy, of course, I'm not saying be rough and tough and mean to the dog.. but if you tug gently every once and a while as a training technique they will get used to it and wont snap at your kids or others that might be "not so gentle at times".

I have a shih tzu and they are SWEET SWEET dogs.. love to be held, played with, be close to you at all times etc.. so i'm sure a half shih tzu will love the same! :)

Have fun! enjoy. :)