Thursday, October 4, 2007

That's Art?

So this week in my ceramics class we have two projects that are proving to be really hard for me. Up to this point everything I have made has been smooth and clean--rounded borders, 90^ angles, and flows. I would define myself as a messy minimalist or a modern antique art lover.But now I have to make something that defines entropy, texture, and provokes curiosity. I never realized until now how much I dislike disorder and randomness in art.
I have also been working on making a fountain. I plan on having it have three rocky tiers and the water flowing out of hidden cracks in the rock. Once finished I will put some moss and lichens on it to make it look real.
Stay tuned for pictures (assuming they survive the kiln.)

Update: here is a picture of a vase and a pitcher.

No comments: