Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wonderful Idaho

On the way home from Utah we pulled off after Malad pass by the reservoir and went up into the Caribou National Forest. We did not want to spend a lot of time in the mountains, so we followed the road until the first campsite and then parked and went on a walk. (By the way---you can tell Liz is pregnant in this picture)

The site was great, no trash, people, or atv paths. We found a small river and followed it up a ways, across an old pipe and to an area where there was a recent landslide where large trees had fallen across the river making some cool bridges. We played on those a while, and took a few pictures.



Then I spotted some nice moss growing in the river and crawled down the incline and got some for our fountain I am making and also filled my water bottle with water to put the moss in when we returned home (when I got home I discovered that I also got a leach, some snails, and a small fish in the water.)


Meanwhile Liz was laughing at my obsession with moss and lichens, and decided to play with a stick she found. She loves this old Disney cartoon where the bears pick up trash singing a song, so she acted it out.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if anyone didn't know liz, they would never know she was pregnant. ugh. liz you make me sick with your sitll being small. im not even pregnant and i probably still weigh more. i officially hate you. ok so not really but yes....it makes me sad.