Friday, November 23, 2007

Stockings

My sister's favorite part about Christmas Morning is opening the stockings. So I guess it's kind of a big deal at the Stone house. My mom has 3 sets of stockings at our house. (she is a little bit over the top this woman). Anyways so of course being my mother's daughter and my sister's sister I to believe that stockings are important. So my quest to make stockings has began. I went to a few stores.. a few more than Ryan would have liked and I ended up disappointed and dismayed. Fabric shopping is not my favorite activity... unless it's at Porter's in Rexburg (or other noteworthy quilt shop stores in other cities). Which is the store I went to Tuesday after my unsuccessful shopping in Idaho Falls on Monday. I walked in and not even 5 minutes later these beautiful fabrics jumped right out to me.



I created the following stockings based off a scanned image of a stocking I used growing up. I am not finished yet I still need to add a white cuff and embroider our names on them. Ryan's is the green tree one and mine is the blue snowflake one. (they are not perfect.. but it's only my first set of stockings.. right?)



I am sure that pictures will be posted of the final product. If not soon at least by the 25..

4 comments:

Laurie said...

hey, if you count our first set of stockings, bc, (before children)that'd be 4 sets of stockings! Andrew worked on Christmas today and got out 3 nativity scenes.
mom

Mel said...

Sooo cute little sister! I had kinda forgotten how much I loved stockings, you are so right, they are wonderful.

Mel said...

Sooo cute little sister! I had kinda forgotten how much I loved stockings, you are so right, they are wonderful.

Laura Chapman said...

Hey Liz, it's Maria's older sister. I just wanted to tell you that your stockings look so cute!! I love stockings too!