Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Developmentally...

...speaking it has been a truly fun month with Carter.

On Ryan's birthday Carter had is first true belly laugh; kisses and zerperts (some of you people like to call them raspberries) did the trick and I had him laughing hard.

A few days before that on the 15th he grabbed his first toy!

Now we take toys to church and are always practice his hand-eye-mouth coordination.

We had a little struggle with thumb sucking at the beginning of the month but he is taking his binkie a little bit better. Maybe maybe not..

He just started screeching a few days ago. Talk about fun! I hope that doesn't last too long.


I know the video is a little long it contains a little bit of a laugh, lots of talking/crying and some toy grabbing and inserting into mouth! (it is almost time for him to eat again but he is still mostly happy! Enjoy!) (oh and this is the cool play mat we got from DI for $1.50 it came with a big somewhat scary singing smile sun (not pictured) and this awesome duck and a mirror)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Way cute video Liz!! It looks like you're having a ton of fun with Carter! Do y'all live in Rexburg anymore? Anyways, have a good one!

Sam said...

I love his facial expressions!

Beerjerk said...

Liz if you need directions to come to the blessing let me know. can't wait to see you guys

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

Carter is just adorable!

I just wanted to let you know that I just updated my post about the Baby Trend car seat recall. The NHTSA has the dates now: May 14, 2007 to April 1, 2008. I hope your seat is out of that range, but if it is included, I hope they send a replacement quickly!

Regards,
Cathy

Patty Cake said...

Carter is so cute! I love your blog even though I just figured out how to comment. (Just a little slow!)