By popular demand.. aka this is for you Ms. Sam.
"So does he sleep in a toddler bed or a crib? Or yours? How's the transition? "
Carter has had a toddler bed and a crib in his room for about 8 months. He has slept in the toddler bed 5 times in that time. 4 in the last 5 nights. So as you can guess we are trying harder to get him to sleep in the big boy bed. At bedtime we ask him which bed he wants to sleep in and usually he chooses the toddler big aka he goes down without too much of a fuss. The one night he stood at his door screaming he got put in the crib. That was two nights ago. Today I put him in the toddler bed for a nap and 30 mins later I went in to check him (after making sure there was zero noise on the baby monitor) and he was asleep in the reading chair. So I moved him back to his bed. Later I went in to wake him and he was sitting in the reading chair awake. I don't really care if he sleeps in the toddler bed at this point for naps. Today was the first attempt to nap in the toddler bed. Landon doesn't need the crib for naps and will not for awhile. So that will come with time. So answer for your question yes and yes and Yes when he has nightmares we let him sleep in our surprisingly too small king.. But that is very rare. and the transition is nice he wakes up happier when he can just get up and play. But this is also only the first week.
Here is hoping that Landon doesn't out grow the bassinet before Carter gets this all figured out.
edited to add:
oh and we leave the pillow and stuffed animals in the toddler bed as an added reason to sleep in the big boy bed.. but we don't point that out to him. Just sleeping in the big bed is so much better. right?
2 comments:
I'm wondering when to make the transition with Lexi.
Our baby will sleep in our room in a pack-n-play at first but eventually will get the crib.
I think Lexi will love the freedom of a big girl bed but I think she'll enjoy getting out of it and playing with all her toys too much, especially at nap time. I feel like I'll have to remove all of her toys and her dresser if I want her to actually sleep, otherwise I can just see her pulling out all of her clothes and playing with all of her toys.
I'm also trying to figure out when to make the girls room mates. Eventually they will but when I don't know. That is another transition I'm clueless about. Perhaps you should share details if you decide to do the same thing with your boys.
PS I can't believe how big Landon is in that picture you posted earlier this week. He's ADORABLE!
Chandler sleeps in a queen sized bed. So, when you have to share a bed he is a big pain the butt. He's used to having lots of space. lol!
Good luck!
Post a Comment