
We made it all the way to Idaho Falls, Island Park and Back again. I really am surprised at how much better we are at the car trip thing than we were when we moved out here to Washington. We left here at 4 AM. That way hopefully the kids sleep a lot in the car.. We were pretty organized on the way there and Carter seems to get the hang of it. "I want something else." instead of "AHHHHH AHHHH HAHHHHHH AHHHH I'm Done!! AHHHH" like when we moved here.. Oh the joys of parenthood.
Things that made the trip easier
1. Mom sees a train and than Carter gets his play trains.. (thanks Aunt Melissa)
2. Notebook and ONE crayon
3. stack of magazines for C to read when he started to get tired (Auto Weekly and The Friend)
4. sunglasses
5. Apple for C Banana for L
6. Grams for L and a few baby toys (he was sooo good)
7. Latch Board (thanks Aunt Melissa) (we used this last trip too and than put it up until this trip and I will put it up again until the next trip) He loves it!
8. Mouse and Cheese Lacing block (thanks Aunt Ang) (we had this in a box of baby toys that C hasn't seen in a long time)
9. Jacob's Ladder (not sure where this came from but again it was in the box of stuff he hasn't seen in a long time)
10. Sticker book ($1 at Wal-Mart)
11. My own personal version of Sound Of Music's "The Lonely Goatherd"
and I believe this trip was the first time Ryan and I have ever finished a bag of chips before the bag went stale. We like French Onion SunChips.. I put all the chips in a gallon sized bag before we left so that the bag would not give us a headache (their bags are extra loud.. not good to go sneaking a chip when the kids are a sleep.)
any secrets to traveling with kids up your sleeve?
2 comments:
Did that cheese thing look familiar? I think it is something I bought for Jeffrey...
were you singing the goatherder song? (=
Post a Comment