
I decided that I wanted to build something.
Ana White's blog is wonderful full of ideas and plans. We started out easy and just did the bigger kids picnic table this past weekend. It is mostly finished I still need to sand it a little more and than paint it. I got all the wood for the project for free! We have been watching
Craiglist, and the Habitat Restore store (Ryan's coworker also gave us some leftover 2x4s). Why pay for wood?? I found a gallon of dark green mis-tint paint at Lowe's so I plan on painting it soon.
I wish I had sanded the boards before I but it together because I like the rounded edges better, and the inside boards are a little tough to sand now. I also wish our patio was level... but oh well. I think Carter really like his new table. We ate dinner out on it two nights ago. It was lovely.
4 comments:
Your picnic table looks fantastic! And score on the free boards!
You go girl! Looks fantastic!
Awesome!! We just bought a saw and a sander, Steve wants to build the picnic table and some bookshelves, etc. Good to know about sanding the wood before building. Looks good!
Great job! I've had my eye on that picnic table project for a while... probably not gonna get to it, so I'll just enjoy the view of yours!
Post a Comment